Nomad Health for travel nurses is your place to find assignments on demand. Nurses can search for jobs anywhere and earn more money using our unique technology while also having direct access to the Nomad Navigators team throughout the entire process.
Because of our technology platform, we operate a little differently than what you might be used to – so we wanted to show you how to find a travel nursing job on Nomad and make the most of the platform.
In this series, we will break down all of the steps a nurse might go through while looking for a job. From creating your account to working your first job, we will walk you through each step of the way.
In this first part of the series, we will walk through the onboarding process and how to complete your Nomad profile to set you up for submitting your first application.
To start searching for jobs on Nomad, you will need to first create an account with us. You will then be dropped into a quick onboarding process to help us learn more about your job search preferences. These preferences will ask you about what specialties, locations and other factors are important to you in your search.
We strongly recommend that you input all specialties that you are qualified and interested in working (at least 2 years of recent experience).
You can search for location by state or large-city name of areas you are interested in working. Opportunities near your areas of interest will also populate to ensure you are aware of all potential options.
You also have the option of specifying certain pay filters or schedule/shift preferences if you are only interested in seeing jobs above a certain $/hour rate or only day shifts.
The information you provide will help us tailor your experience and job recommendations to your interests.
If you’d like to skip this process for the time being and start searching through jobs, you can click the blue “Find A Job” button in the header.
Pro tip: Make sure you confirm your email address or you will not be able to search for jobs!
Setting Up Your Profile
After setting your preferences, we recommend navigating to your profile and completing it to the best of your ability. A complete profile will not only set a good impression with potential employers but also set you on your way to a full application.
Click on Profile -> Edit Your Profile to view your profile and begin to input information.
Your profile consists of a number of sections, each of which is required to submit your first applications. The sections include:
- Personal Info: This section asks for basic contact information and your resume/CV.
- Licenses: This section asks for any state medical licenses you have, whether they are expired or active.
- Work History: This section asks for your last 7 years of work experience including non-travel experience.
- Education: This section asks for information on every degree you’ve completed.
- Electronic Health Records: This section asks for any experience you might have with specific EMRs and EHRs.
- Nursing Certifications: This section asks for any certifications you’ve earned and their expiration dates.
- References: This section asks for 2-3 recent supervisors who can provide a professional reference about your work.
- Disciplinary Questions: This section asks required questions about your professional history.
Pro tip: Look for the blue box that denotes that a section has not been filled out yet.
Congratulations on completing your job preferences and profile! Now you’re ready to submit your first application.
In the next part of this series, we will walk through how to find and apply for your first job on Nomad and how you can use the Common Application to fast-track your 1-click application process.
Happy job hunting!
The Nomad Team