Nomad has created a policy in response to COVID-19 to ensure our nurses have the support they need during this time. If a nurse is exposed to COVID-19 while on assignment for Nomad and is asked by their facility to be quarantined1, Nomad will continue to provide the following:
- Salary: Up to 14 days Guaranteed Hours as set forth in your Placement Agreement
- Non-taxable Stipend: Up to 14 days
- Nomad to pay full premium of 1 additional month of health benefits as needed
Nomad will also evaluate on a case-by-case basis any further needs if the impact spans past 14 days.
For any questions or further support, reach out to your Nomad Navigators or call 866-OK-NOMAD.
All of us here at Nomad are truly grateful for your efforts to stem the impact of COVID-19 and for your commitment to continue to serve the community in the weeks and months ahead.
Open COVID-19 Jobs on Nomad
To help nurses interested in helping out with COVID-19, we have compiled a list of all available needs associated with COVID-19 on Nomad. This list has openings across the country and will be updated constantly with new needs.
On March 18, 2020, the US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) issued a regulation that will allow clinicians to practice across state lines. HOWEVER, due to the recency of this announcement, it will take time to go into effect. Read more about the status of this regulation here.
Additional Resources on COVID-19
Here are a number of resources if you would like to learn more about the ongoing COVID-19 situation.
General COVID-19 Situation:
For healthcare providers:
- CDC Information for Healthcare Professionals
- WHO COVID-19 Online Training
- American Nurses Association
- American Medical Association
The Nomad Team
1. Not applicable if a nurse is asked to self-quarantine due to personal travel.